Saturday, September 4, 2010

From Sandcastles to pennies

I’m a 56 year old widow, the Mother of four children, grandmother of 14 (that I know of), and saving a penny where I can has always been somewhat of a hobby for me. I’d rather spend an hour in the clearance isle to save on multiple items, than to run to the mall for that one expensive item. I was saving for early retirement in Florida, sun beaches and sandcastles.

**In December 2009, I gave up my dream of collecting sandcastles at the beach in Florida to became the full legal guardian for three of my beautiful granddaughters in Michigan. After months of walking around the house semi conscious and whispering, what have I gotten myself into, I finally gave myself a swift kick in the butt and said “ I’ve done this before and survived … I can and will do this again.”

**It’s too difficult … ok, next to impossible for me to rummage through the clearance isle of all my favorite places, so I’m doing the next best thing. I browse the internet for ways to save a penny, all while telling three little girls to shut the door! - We can’t afford to cool the squirrels.

**I’ve even found ways to earn a penny or two along the way. So, If you are grandparents, like me…raising your grandchildren and need all the pennies you can save, grab a cup of tea and browse the internet with me, as I search the internet highway for the clearance of a lifetime and a cart full of pennies.

**As I search, I'll   post a link  on the right side of my blog or  under the blog for us to get deals information and refer back to. 

**Hope my blog brings you a smile, and some help in saving so you can start your own cart full of pennies

No comments:

Post a Comment