Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sunday morning Solitude

Ahhh Sunday morning

It’s 6am and the little ones are still asleep … the sound of silence is a welcome event here at my house. I can have coffee and read a newspaper without sound effects. I can blog, rummage through coupons and internet sites; take a few surveys for dollars over at the outpost. Ok… so I didn’t say it was totally relaxing… simply to complete a task is rewarding (-;
** speaking of rewarding I just got 30 "swagbucks" for searching on http://swagbucks.com tool bar. For each 450 I collect, I can get a free $5.00 Amazon card to use as I please. So far in the 2 weeks I've been doing this I've gotten four (4)$5.00 cards. Amazon has grown from books only to just about everything you can imagine.
*** Yikes... I forgot one sound effect. My 9 year old English bulldog Scarlett snores so loud I can hear her on the floor above me. That’s a sound I’ve come to see as a comfort though … if she is sleeping sound enough to snore… all is right in our house. If you don’t have a pet for your grandchildren (or children) I can’t convince you to get one … nor will I try. However I will tell you that Scarlett brings a lot of emotional therapy to the girls since they moved in. The loving lick or gentle nudge from a pet equates love to a child who has seen parental violence, and neglect. …. Nuff said

***Did you know Military families who shop at the commissary can use your outdated coupons for up to six (6) months? yep. So while you’re weeding out your expired coupons you never got around to using, please consider supporting our troops families.

**Salvation Army Thrift Stores are always a good place to buy clothing for children. Recently I spent $28.00 and got 6 gently worn outfits for my youngest (4) granddaughter to play in a dress that will be great for school. Also ...

***There is a Labor Day Sale – Monday, September 6,2010
You can get 50% OFF all the clothing.
The Sale is valid at 25 locations in Southeast Michigan
For more information or store hours visit www.SalArmyThrift.com

**And of course to keep those clothes clean after an afternoon at the park or cookie baking, on over to our coupon link for a printable coupon to get $1.00 off whisk detergent

Coupons I’m printing for the week;

http://coupons2.smartsource.com
1. Lunchables(great for on the go lunch, but pricey without coupon)
2. Cortizone 10 for my baby grandson’s eczema


http://print.coupons.com
1. Kids yoplat
2. Kahiki frozen meals(I found these at Meijer for$2.98 regular price. With my $1.00 coupon I pay 1.98 for a tasty meal.
3 Sweet Moments Refrigerated Desserts
two perfect size cakes for little ones desert or portion control


***Again, Thank each one of you that view my blog and click on the ad’s generated by Google and Amazon. Each click helps! And your time is appreciated.

********That’s what’s going around in my house this morning. Here’s a toast that all is well on your side of the screen.

P.s. Be sure to check out Ashley's Blog too. Lots more to be found (-;
http://www.savingpenniestospenddollars.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment